Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr Total Time: 1 Hr 5 Mins
Dark golden crispy skin and tender juicy meat makes this chicken a weekly must. It is delicious served with salad or seasonal vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas mark 7.
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients, season to taste.
- Coat the chicken all over with the herb mixture. Place the chicken on an oiled rack in a large, heavy roasting tin. Pour 250ml water into the pan, you may need to add more water to the pan if becomes dry during roasting.
- Roast the chicken, basting several times with the pan juices, for one hour or until golden brown and the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a knife.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes before carving. Enjoy!