Yields: 10 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Mins
Oh my, I think this is now my new favourite cake! It is very easy to make, moist and fruity – the perfect teatime treat!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas mark 4, grease and line a 900g loaf tin.
- Place the flour, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract into a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer for 5 minutes until pale and creamy – this mixture is very thick.
- Spoon a third of the cake mixture into the tin, and scatter with 50g of the blueberries. Now spoon over another third of the mixture and spread out, scatter over another 50g of the blueberries. Then spoon the remaining cake mix into the tin and gently spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- In the meantime, place the remaining 50g of blueberries in a small pan with the icing sugar and the lemon juice. Place over a medium heat and stir as it heats, continuing until you have a syrupy texture. Poke the cake all over with a skewer and spoon over the syrupy fruit. Leave in the tin until the cake is cool and the drizzle topping is crisp, enjoy!