These sausage rolls are absolutely delicious and full of Christmas flavours; chestnuts, cranberries and sage. They will go down a treat at Christmas time! Make in advance and enjoy as a quick and easy treat during the festive celebrations.
- In a large bowl add the sausagemeat, cranberries, chestnuts, sage and cranberry sauce combine well, season to taste.
- Unroll the pastry and cut down the middle lengthways or widthways. Divide the sausage meat in half and place a tbsp of cranberry sauce down the middle of each length of pastry and top with the sausage meat.
- Brush the egg down one side of the pastry. Roll the pastry around the sausage meat using the egg to seal the edges.
- Chill for 20 minutes, or at this stage they can be kept covered in the fridge for up to 2 days or placed in a sealed container and stored in the freezer for up to a month (defrost completely in the fridge before cooking).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ Gas Mark 6.
- Cut each piece into approximately 6 sausage rolls and place on a lightly oiled baking tray.Lightly score and brush the tops with the rest of the egg. Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden and cooked through. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!