To celebrate National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day I have partnered with SKIPPY® Peanut Butter.
2 APRIL 2021 IS NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY DAY!
It’s been widely reported that the average child in the US will have eaten a whopping 1,500 Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches before they graduate high school!* America’s original SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is the perfect match for Jelly (or Jam to us here in the UK), making the ultimate Stateside sandwich.
To celebrate National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day on 2 April, families in the UK can also enjoy the yummy taste of American-style smooth, creamy and delicious SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, which is widely available in the UK and a good source of protein for growing kids.
What makes SKIPPY® Peanut Butter so different is the sweeter peanuts sourced from The Americas, which have a finer grind which just melts in the mouth. Fans of crunchier peanut butter can also enjoy the Extra Crunchy variety which contains large peanut pieces in a deliciously creamy mix.
Whether you’re Smooth or Crunchy, it’s time to grab a jar and celebrate the marriage of peanut butter and jelly.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (RRP £2.40 per 340g jar) is available in Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties, which are currently available in major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons, Costco, Ocado and the International section of Tesco.
For more information and recipes visit www.peanutbutter.uk.com
For the biscuit base
- For the strawberry jelly
- For the cheesecake filling
- To decorate
- For the biscuit base, blitz the biscuits in a food processor until you have a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and blitz a few times until fully combined. Tip the biscuit base into a lined 23 cm deep spring-form tin and press down firmly. Place in the fridge.
- For the strawberry jelly, put the strawberries and sugar into a pan and gently heat, stir until the strawberries start to break down. Simmer for 3-4 minutes - now add the jam and gently heat until fully melted. Strain the jelly with a sieve into a jug, allow to cool completely.
- For the cheesecake filling, in a large bowl whisk together the peanut butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. In a separate bowl mix the the cream until thickened and add to the peanut butter mixture and fold through.
- Place half of the cheesecake filling over the prepared base and drizzle with half of the strawberry jelly. Top with the remaining cheesecake cake mix and drizzle with the remaining jelly. Swirl the mixtures together with a skewer. Place in the fridge for 4-5 hours to set but preferably overnight.
- To decorate, place the peanut butter in a microwavable bowl and melt for 15-30 second until smooth and runny.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on a serving plate or cake stand. Drizzle with the melted peanut butter, it is now ready to serve. Enjoy!
Here’s a few more facts about why SKIPPY® Peanut Butter really is so great:
- Americans love peanut butter and enjoy some of the most delicious peanut butter. SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is made only with high quality peanuts sourced from The Americas, just one of the reasons the taste is so authentic! The main source of peanuts for other brands in the UK is China and Brazil
- Protein is important in our daily diets, SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is not only delicious it is a good source of protein
- SKIPPY® Brand has over 80 years of authentic American heritage
- In 1933, Joseph Rosenfield changed the formula for peanut butter to create SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, which was less sticky and longer-lasting
- According to the American Peanut Council, every serving of SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is a good source of protein, providing 15% of the recommended daily Intake with just two tablespoons. It’s lower sugar than other spreads such as marmalade and jam too. www.peanutsusa.org.uk
I have been commissioned by SKIPPY® to create this recipe and share this blog post with you here on my website. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only endorse products I genuinely would recommend to you.