This creamy peppercorn sauce is absolutely delicious and compliments this steak wonderfully. It is so simple to make with just four ingredients!
The Ribeye steak was gifted to me by Swaledale Butchers as part of the Classic Steak Box. The steak is one of the most delicious that I have ever tasted. The meat box arrived fresh not frozen and perfectly chilled. The quality is absolutely outstanding. Check out their website to see their wonderful selection of meats https://swaledale.co.uk/ I highly recommend!
Here is also a link to their amazing meat boxes – perfect for BBQ season https://swaledale.co.uk/collections/meat-box-subscription
- For the peppercorn sauce
- Remove the steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Now heat the oil in the pan until smoking hot.
- Add steaks and cook the first side for 2 minutes until it has a great crust, then flip and cook the other side for 2 minutes (for medium rare). Glaze with butter. Set the steaks aside to rest.
- For the sauce, add the brandy into the same frying pan and let it simmer rapidly, scraping the bottom of the pan, until it has mostly reduced and you can no longer smell the harsh alcohol smell.
- Add the stock, bring to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until it reduces by half. Turn the heat down to medium. Add the cream and pepper, stir, then simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until it thickens. Season to taste.
- Transfer steaks to warmed serving plates. Spoon over sauce. Serve immediately with chips and seasonal vegetables of your choice.
Swaledale Butchers was established in 2008 by two brothers in law Jorge and Charlie. They work with a small network of around 30 small, family run farms and small holdings in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. To maximise flavour their fabulous tasting beef us dry aged on the bone for a minimum of 28 days in their Himalyan Salt Ageing Chamber. Their range of handcrafted sausage are freshly made each week in small batches with high quality whoe spices. They also make proper od fashiond bacon following the traditional, artisanal techniques to dry-cure prime cuts for exceptional depth of flavour. I can't wait to try more of their fabulous produce!