Yields: 14 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr 30 Mins Total Time: 2 Hr
Deliciously simple Carrot Cake suitable for any occasion. Gorgeous!!
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/350°F/Gas mark 4. Grease and base line a 26cm (10 ½ inch) diameter and 6.5-7cm (3inch) deep cake tin.
- Put the plain flour, castor sugar, eggs, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, salt and vegetable oil in a large bowl and blend with an electric whisk for at least 5 minutes. Then add the carrots and walnuts and mix through.
- Place the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 1 ¼ - 1 ½ hours or until the skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool and then remove from the tin to cool thoroughly.
- For the topping place the soft cheese, icing sugar and butter into a bowl and mix until smooth. Spread over the cold cake, then place in the fridge until icing is firm.
- The BEST Carrot Cake is now ready to slice, serve and EAT, enjoy!!
- This cake can double as a dessert if you serve with an indulgent ice-cream.