Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Mins
A tasty lamb and pea curry recipe that is quick to make and can be made in advance.
- Place the cumin and coriander seeds into a dry frying pan and roast until fragrant and then grind in a pestle and mortar.
- Place the oil and butter into a large pan and melt and then add the onion, cloves, cinnamon and peppercorns over a medium heat until the onions are browned. Remove the cinnamon stick and add the cumin and coriander mix with the garam masala and turmeric and fry for 30 seconds whilst stirring.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chillies. Cook the mixture over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the lamb and mix into the mixture breaking up the lamb. Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 35-45 minutes. Add the peas 10 minutes before the end. Season with salt and add more garam masala if required.
- This dish is best when it is cooled and reheated to allow the flavours to infuse. Reheat in the pan and serve with basmati rice and Indian breads. Enjoy!
- This dish is best when made a day in advance.