This is a brilliant recipe, which once you’ve made, I guarantee you will go on making because it’s just about the easiest and most tasty summer recipe. Delamere Dairy’s Goats Cheese Pearls are deliciously creamy and make this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas mark 7.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and sugar, season and cook for 5-7 minutes, until softened and coloured. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Put the remaining oil, cherry tomatoes, thyme leaves and garlic in a bowl, mix until well coated, season with salt & pepper.
- Lay out the pastry on a lined baking tray. Then using a sharp knife, score a line (not all the way through) along each side of the pastry 2cm from the edge.
- Spread the onion over the base, then pour over the tomato mixture evenly, keeping within the scored lines.
- Sprinkle the goat’s cheese pearls over the top amongst the tomato, season with pepper. Then brush the border with beaten egg.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown & puffy. Scatter over watercress and serve. Enjoy!
Delamere Dairy Goats’ Cheese Pearls
I have been commissioned by Delamere Dairy to create this recipe and share this blog post with you here on my website. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only endorse products I genuinely would recommend to you.