This chicken pot pie with a stuffing crust is full of flavour. It is a delicious midweek meal for all the family or a great alternative to a Sunday roast!
- Place the chicken, ham, potatoes, celery, leek, garlic, chicken stock and cream into a large pan and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Place a colander over a large jug and pour out the pan contents. You require 250ml of liquid. If you require further liquid, make up the difference with extra cream.
- Add the butter to a large pan and melt gently over a medium heat. Stir in the flour until thoroughly combined, cook for a few minutes.
- Gradually stir in the poaching liquid whilst heating and stirring until the mixture is thick and smooth. Stir in the parsley and season to taste.
- Now stir in the cooked chicken mixture and toss gently in the sauce until fully coated. Cool for at least 10 minutes, or chill in the fridge overnight if making ahead.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas mark 6.
- Place the chicken mixture into a pie dish and top with Mr Crumb Sage & Onion Stuffing. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the stuffing starts to crisp. Serve with seasonal vegetables. Enjoy!
Mr. Crumb is an artisan food producer located in the small rural village of Finea, County Westmeath in Irelands luscious green lakelands. A family run business, started back in 1996 and famous for their internationally award winning stuffing. The stuffings are cooked by hand in small batches using Irish butter from grass fed cows.
www.mrcrumb.ie they are available in Sainsburys, Morrisons and Asda
I have been commissioned by Mr Crumb to create this recipe and share this blog post with you here on my website. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only endorse products I genuinely would recommend to you.