Cooking Method: Baking
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 12 Mins Total Time: 27 Mins
Beautiful and delicious tarts made with a luscious rich chocolate and fresh raspberries. A perfect dessert for a romantic evening!
For the biscuit base
- For the filling
- To serve
- In a food processor blitz the biscuits into fine crumbs and mix in the melted butter.
- Divide the biscuit crumbs between 4 loose bottom tart cases and press with a spoon until all edges are evenly covered. Freeze for 10 minutes or until solid.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas mark 6.
- Next, make the filling. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water then cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until peaks start to form, then add the sugar gradually, whisking the whole time.
- Mix the egg yolks into the cooled melted chocolate. Stir a spoonful of the egg whites in to loosen the mixture, then carefully fold in the remainder of the egg whites. Spoon half the mousse mixture into the tartlet cases, then divide the raspberries evenly between the 4 tartlets. Top with the remaining mousse mixture.
- Cook for 10-12 mins until just firm, but still slightly wobbly in the centre. Serve immediately with whipped cream and more raspberries. Eat warm or cool.
- They can be stored in an airtight container in a cool dark place for up to 2 days.
I have been commissioned by Menier Swiss Chocolate to create this recipe and share this blog post with you here on my website. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only endorse products I genuinely would recommend to you.