Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
This Chocolate Eggnog is the perfect pairing of everyone’s favourite chocolate milk and the Christmas season’s yummiest drink!
- Place the caster sugar and egg yolks into a bowl and mix with an electric whisk until thick and creamy.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until it is near to boiling. Remove from the heat and pour into the egg yolk and sugar mixture, whisking continuously.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan and gently heat, stirring until smooth and starting to thicken. Add the vanilla extract and rum and whisk, remove from the heat.
- Place the chocolate into a bowl and pour over the egg & milk mixture, whisk until fully melted.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they form peaks and then fold into the cooled mixture.
- Beat the whipping cream until thick then fold ¾ into the mixture. Place into the fridge ready for serving.
- To serve ladle into 8 glasses and top with a spoonful of whipping cream and grated chocolate. Enjoy!