Category: Comfort Food, Meat Free Monday, Mid Week Meals
Cooking Method: One Pot Dish
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 35 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
A full flavoured risotto – add your favourite mushrooms and extra chilli flakes for an extra kick! I used Sublime Truffle & Parmesan butter for this recipe and it took it to another level (check details below).
- To make the risotto, heat the stock in a pan. Put the olive oil and butter into another pan and leek and chilli flakes, fry on a low heat until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes and then add the rice and turn up the heat.
- When the rice is slightly translucent add the wine and keep stirring until it has cooked into the rice.
- Add the first ladle of stock and reduce the heat to a simmer. Keep adding the ladles of stock gradually allowing each ladle to be absorbed before adding the next. This should take around 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- Remove from the heat and add the spinach, butter and Parmesan, stir well. Place the lid on the pan and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve the risotto in a serving bowl, enjoy!
For this recipe I used the most delicious Truffle & Parmesan butter that was gifted to me by https://sublimebutter.com/ it tasted wonderful.