Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
If you are looking for a light, refreshing and easy to make dessert this is the one for you!
- Halve the pomegranates and scoop 1 tbsp of seeds from one of the halves removing any bitter membrane and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the remaining halves using a juicer; you should remove around 250ml of juice.
- Now place the granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan to make the syrup. Gently boil the syrup for 5 minutes stirring occasionally and leave to cool.
- Once fully cooked pour the pomegranate juice into the syrup, stir and add a squeeze of lime juice. Taste and then add more until you have added enough citrus to bring out the taste of the pomegranate.
- Place in a suitable container for the freezer and freeze. Every hour beat the freezing mixture from the sides to the middle to break down the ice crystals.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving to soften lightly. Place in serving dishes and scatter with the reserved pomegranate seeds on top. Enjoy!