SPAM® and rice is always a really satisfying combination – with the addition of a bit of spice it becomes even better!
- Heat a large frying pan until hot, add the oil and the chopped SPAM® and let it sizzle and fry until golden brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the butter then add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until softened but not browned.
- Add the chilli and the spices and fry for 1-2 minutes or until the spices are fragrant. Now add the red pepper and fry until softened, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir well so that it is coated in all the spices, now add the stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is just cooked.
- Add the SPAM®, cook for 4-5 minutes or until warmed through. Season to taste and stir carefully.
- Serve on warmed plates - enjoy!
I have been commissioned by SPAM® to create this recipe and share this blog post with you here on my website. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only endorse products I genuinely would recommend to you.