Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Mins
A rich cider and chorizo sauce, a perfect match for this dish of succulent chicken thighs… even better you can make this dish in advance!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a large oven proof frying pan or casserole dish, add the chicken and fry for 10-12 minutes frequently turning until evenly browned. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the chorizo, onions, garlic and mushrooms to the remaining oil and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until fully coated.
- Gradually pour in the chicken stock and cider whilst continuously stirring. Bring to the boil until the sauce is slightly thickened. Now add the mustard and season to taste. Return the chicken to the pan and cover with a lid or foil and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and stir in the double cream. Serve the chicken and sauce with your favourite seasonal vegetables. Enjoy!