Yields: 16 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
These are my husband’s ultimate favourite biscuits, they are a perfect accompaniment for a coffee break! Absolutely deliciously moreish….!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C/Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease your baking trays to make 15-20 biscuits.
- Sieve the flour, salt, caster sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl, add the chopped chocolate.
- Heat the syrup, butter and juice of ½ an orange together in a pan on a very low heat with until all the butter has melted. Set aside until it cools slightly.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients, add the egg and orange zest and mix thoroughly. Using your hand, mould the dough into 15-20 even sized balls.
- Place on the baking trays well apart from each other, then flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!