Category: Baking Days, Cooking with Kids, Sweet Treats
Cooking Method: Baking
Yields: 12 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
A delicious alternative to traditional shortbread, chocolate… what more could you ask for…!?
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Place the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Add the butter and blend for about 30 seconds until the mixture is fine like sand.
- Place the mixture into a 20.5cm loose based cake tin which is well greased. Press the mixture with the back of a spoon to create an even layer. Prick the dough with a fork all over and score into 8 or 12 sections with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sugar, cut into sections along the scored edges. Leave to cool before removing from the tin. Enjoy!
- As the shortbread contains cocoa watch carefully so that it does not scorch.
- Under-cooked shortbread does not taste good either so reduce the temperature if it starts to go too brown early.