A fresh and flavourful lemon prawn and pea risotto topped with delicious seared scallops. A wonderful seafood risotto!
The wonderful King Prawns & Scallops were gifted to me by Bradley’s https://bradleysfish.com/ (they deliver throughout the UK) use the code Victoria-15 at check out for a 15% discount on all orders over £70.
- Heat the half of the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently for three minutes or until the ingredients have softened but not coloured. Add the chilli flakes and stir through for a further minute.
- Add the risotto rice to the saucepan and stir well for 2-3 minutes, or until the grains turn translucent.
- Add the wine to the saucepan and turn up the heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the wine has been absorbed.
- Gradually add the hot fish stock to the saucepan, a ladleful at a time and stir continuously, only adding the next ladleful of stock when the rice has fully absorbed the previous ladleful. Cook until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is slightly al dente.
- Preheat a large frying pan until medium hot. Add a tablespoon of oil and cook the scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the scallops are cooked through.
- Meanwhile add the peas and prawns and stir though until the prawns turn pink. Add the lemon juice, remaining butter and season with freshly ground black pepper, mix well. Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the rice into warmed bowls and place the seared scallops on top with a sprinkling of lemon zest. Enjoy!