Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
An absolutely gorgeous starter – steamed mussels and cider are a perfect flavour combination!
- Discard any mussels with broken shells or any that refuse to close when tapped.
- In a large pan pour the cider, add the shallots and season with pepper. Bring to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the mussles to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook on a high heat for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally until the shells have opened.
- Remove the mussels from the pan with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Strain the remaining liquid through a muslin-lined sieve into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until it has reduced by half. Stir in the cream and add the mussels and cook for 1 minute to reheat the shellfish.
- Serve immediately with a fresh baguette, enjoy!