These biscuits are made with SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter making light, crisp and melt in the mouth savoury biscuits – make lots because they are extremely moreish! Make the dough in advance and bake when required. They are perfect for unexpected guests or after a dinner party – simplicity at its best!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas mark 6 and line a baking tray.
- Add the peanut butter and butter to a large bowl, cream together until fully combined and smooth
- Add the egg and mix well and then the grated cheese, mix through. Now add the flour, cayenne pepper & salt into the mixture and combine to form a dough. Divide the dough in half and wrap each in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or until needed.
- Serve with cheese, festive chutneys or they taste just as good on their own. Enjoy!
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (RRP £2.25 per 340g jar) is available in Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties, which are currently available in major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons, Costco, Ocado and the International section of Tesco.
For more information and recipes visit www.peanutbutter.uk.com
Here’s a few more facts about why SKIPPY® Peanut Butter really is so great:
- Americans love peanut butter and enjoy some of the most delicious peanut butter. SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is made only with high quality peanuts sourced from The Americas, just one of the reasons the taste is so authentic! The main source of peanuts for other brands in the UK is China and Brazil
- Protein is important in our daily diets, SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is not only delicious it is a good source of protein
- SKIPPY® Brand has over 80 years of authentic American heritage
- In 1933, Joseph Rosenfield changed the formula for peanut butter to create SKIPPY® Peanut Butter, which was less sticky and longer-lasting
- According to the American Peanut Council, every serving of SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is a good source of protein, providing 15% of the recommended daily Intake with just two tablespoons. It’s lower sugar than other spreads such as marmalade and jam too. www.peanutsusa.org.uk
I have been commissioned by SKIPPY® to create this recipe and share this blog post with you here on my website. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only endorse products I genuinely would recommend to you.