This is a lovely light and easy strawberry cake recipe with fresh strawberries baked into the batter. The perfect cake for a summers day!
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas mark 3 and grease and line a 23 cm loose bottom cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Now add the eggs, flour, milk, ground almonds and almond essence and mix well until fully combined. Gently stir through the strawberries but leave a handful for decorating.
- Place the mixture into the cake tin and add the remaining strawberries onto the top of the cake. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until when pierced with a skewer it comes out clean. If not place in the oven for a further 5 - 10 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes and then remove from the tin and place onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar. It is best served when slightly warm. Enjoy!
- This cake also works well with raspberries, blackberries or a mixture of summer fruits.
- Cake Server - Sophie Conran Rivelin Cake Server https://www.arthurprice.com/category/for-the-home/sophie-conran-tableware/rivelin-cake-server
I have been gifted by Arthur Price to create this recipe and share this blog post with you here on my website. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only endorse products I genuinely would recommend to you.