Category: Baking Days, Cooking with Kids
Cooking Method: Baking
Yields: 10 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr Total Time: 1 Hr 20 Mins
This has to be the BEST banana bread I have ever tasted. It is very easy to make with perfect results every time… a perfect breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together until you have a light and fluffy mixture. Mix in the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and fold into the mixture.
- Grease a 20cm x 12.5cm/8in x 5in loaf tin and pour in the cake mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for an hour or until risen and golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely before serving. Enjoy.
- Make sure to use over-ripe bananas and the right size cake tin.
- If you do not have buttermilk you can use normal milk mixed with 1 ½ tsp of lemon juice or vinegar.