With the fantastic combination of banana, dulce de leche and chocolate oaty biscuits this banoffee pie is hard to beat! Truly delicious and very easy to make!!
- To make the biscuit base, whizz the biscuits in a food processor. Add the melted butter and whizz again and then tip the buttery crumbs into a 25cm fluted tart tin. Use the back of a spoon the biscuit into the tin and up the sides until the whole case is lined. Chill the base in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Now line the biscuit base evenly with sliced bananas and then tip nearly all of the Dulce de Leche (leaving some left for the topping). Spread the caramel over the banana layer and place back in the fridge for at least one hour.
- For the topping whisk the cream until it just holds its shape and then top the tart. Now drizzle over the melted chocolate and remaining Dulce de Leche, gently mix through with a fork to create a ripple effect and serve. Enjoy!
- Dulce de leche is a traditional Latin American jam made from milk and sugar. It is gluten free, palm oil free and has 30% less calories than other cocoa spreads. It is perfect to enjoy with fruit, waffles, crepes, puddings, toast, yogurt and all kinds of desserts.
- Dulce De Leche Márdel is available at Sainsburys.
I have been commissioned by Dulce de Leche Mardel to create this recipe and share this blog post with you here on my website. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only endorse products I genuinely would recommend to you.