Pasta tossed in a white wine butter sauce with caramelised sausage, onions & fennel, lots of garlic, chilli flakes, wilted spinach, grated Parmesan cheese and topped with buttery pistachios. An absolutely delicious pasta dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter to a large frying pan and let it melt. Add the pistachios and toast for a minute or so until fragrant, set aside.
- Add the sausage meat to the pan, really break it up in the pan with a spoon. Fry for a few minutes until the meat is browned and cooked through, crush until it resembles mince. Set aside.
- Add the oil to the pan and gently fry the onions for 10 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, fennel seeds and chilli flakes. Cook for another 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Now add the wine to the pan with the onions and a ladle full of starchy pasta water. Let the liquid come to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. When the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the pan. Stir well to coat and continue to cook for a minute or so.
- Stir in the spinach, sausage, and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Let heat through. Gradually stir in the Parmesan cheese until it melts into the sauce. Lastly, fold in the parsley.
- Season to taste. Pour the pasta into a large serving bowl. Garnish with the pistachios, more Parmesan cheese, and any extra fresh parsley.