Cooking Method: Oven Baked
Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
A great all-round stuffing that will compliment any Christmas dinner perfectly. This recipe makes 8 large stuffing but could easily make 12.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/400°F/Gas 5.
- In a large bowl mix the sausagemeat and pork mince, set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the butter and oil, add the chestnuts and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the nutmeg and allow to cool slightly, add to the pork. Now add the breadcrumbs, parsley, chopped sage, garlic egg and season. Mix with your hands until fully combined.
- Line a 1kg loaf tin with cling film and press the pork mixture into the in. Chill for 10-15 minutes, turn out of the tin and cut into 8 rectangles. Place a sage leaf on top of each rectangle and wrap with bacon.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until the bacon is golden and the stuffing is cooked. Enjoy!