Yields: 12 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr
This stuffing transforms your Christmas dinner – it is truly delicious! They also taste amazing just on their own as part of a buffet.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/gas 7.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and fry the onion until softened. Add the cranberries and port and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed, set aside to cool.
- Place the chestnuts in a bowl and add the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, egg and mix through the onion mix. Season well and divide into 12 balls. Wrap with a piece of bacon and place on a baking tray. To cook brush with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes. 10 minutes before they are ready brush the bacon with the melted cranberry sauce to glaze and place back in the oven. Enjoy!
- If you don't have port, red wine works just as well.
- You can make the stuffing in advance and freeze before cooking.