Category: Baking Days, Cooking with Kids, Sweet Treats
Cooking Method: Baking
Yields: 12 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
These golden melt in the mouth biscuits sandwiched together with a delicious citrus icing are heaven on a plate. They make a perfect afternoon treat or a wonderful gift!
For the biscuit
- For the filling
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Add the butter and icing sugar to a large bowl and beat together until very soft and creamy. Add the vanilla and sift in the flour and custard powder, mix together until you have a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 20g each, place on the tray tray, well spaced and press them with ta fork. You will need to bake them in batches, as they will spread a little.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the filling, beat the butter, icing sugar and citrus zest until smooth and beat in the citrus juice
- When the biscuits are completely cooled spread the icing over half the biscuits, then top with another biscuit. Store in an airtight container, enjoy!