A spicy, creamy and silkiest orzotto made with juicy King prawns, Nduja, orzo, spinach, mascarpone and parmesan. Comfort food at its absolute best!
The wonderful King Prawns were gifted to me by Bradley’s https://bradleysfish.com/ (they deliver throughout the UK) use the code Victoria-15 at check out for a 15% discount on all orders over £80.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Place the cherry tomatoes on a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil, roast for 30 minutes or until their skin has started to split and blacken.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and add the onions. Cook on a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the nduja and garlic stir for a couple of minutes. Turn the heat up a little and add the orzo, stirring until fully combined.
- Add the 800 ml of stock and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low and simmer, stirring regularly to make sure it does not stick to the base. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked to your preference. If you want to cook the pasta further but the liquid is gone, just add more stock.
- When it’s all absorbed and cooked, gently stir in the tomatoes, spinach and the uncooked prawns stirring until the prawns turn pink. Add the mascarpone, grated parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Take your orzotto off the heat and pop a lid on it. Let it rest for a few minutes. If no to the consistency you require add a splash of stock to loosen.
- Serve on warmed plates, enjoy!