Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
You must try this pasta as it is has a unique flavouring – I made it with pork and apple sausages. This made a wonderful combination!
- Heat a large frying pan and add the sausage meat to the pan, really break it up in the pan with a spoon. Fry for a few minutes until the meat starts to colour, crush until it resembles mince.
- In the meantime, start to cook the pasta as per packet instructions. When the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta reserving some of the cooking water. Place the pasta back in the pan and add the sausage meat.
- Add the fennel seeds, chillies and oregano to the sausage, cook on a medium heat until the meat is crisp, golden and slightly caramelised.
- Pour in the white wine and let it reduce the liquid by half. Add the zest and lemon juice and turn the heat to low.
- Stir the pasta making sure it is fully mixed through and then add the butter, parmesan, chopped parsley and a few spoonful’s of the reserved water. The pasta will look shiny with the sauce; season to taste then serve with a bit sprinkling of parmesan. Pour yourself a glass of chilled wine and enjoy!