Transform a can of SPAM® into an easy, sticky glazed irresistible meal. This recipe is quick and simple to make with store cupboard ingredients.
SPAM® Chopped Pork & Ham is a versatile store-cupboard ingredient that is made from more than 90% Shoulder Pork & Leg Ham. A 200g tub is currently available from Tesco and Asda. 200g and 340g cans are available from major UK supermarkets.
Make this recipe to celebrate SPAM® Appreciation Week 2nd – 8th March 2020.
Now in its 17th year, SPAM® Appreciation Week aims to bring fans from all over the UK together to celebrate this world-famous meat, which has continued to increase in popularity since it first came to the UK in 1941. Fans of the world’s most iconic meat will be finding out what SPAM® Brand really means as they’re challenged to a SPAM® Sizzle-Off during the UK’s official SPAM® Appreciation Week, from 2 March to 8 March 2020.
During this special week, fans will have the opportunity to create quick and easy recipes by sizzling SPAM® Products in a wok, pan or on the grill, with a recipe theme from either Europe, USA or Asia. There will be winners in each category, but the overall winner will receive a £1000 holiday or shopping voucher plus a coveted trophy.
From SPAMBURGERS™ to SPAM® Musubi, it’s time to get that can out of the cupboard and show what this versatile meat can really do!
Why not get involved and share your SPAM® Sizzle-Off recipe either on social media, using hashtag #SPAMsizzle, or via www.spam-uk.com.
For the sticky SPAM®
- For the fried rice
- For the sticky SPAM®, place the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and honey into a bowl. Mix through and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the SPAM®, season with salt & pepper and fry until browned on each side. Now add the sticky mixture and stir until fully coated. Be careful as the sauce can thicken fast - use a medium heat until the sauce sticks to the SPAM®. Set aside.
- For the fried rice, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the eggs and cook until cooked through and flip only once. Set aside and dice into small pieces.
- In the same pan heat the remaining oil over a medium heat, add the garlic, peas, sweetcorn and carrots, cook until tender - about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the SPAM® and rice, gently toss to combine. Add the soy sauce and season to taste cook for a further 1 - 2 minutes. Now stir in the eggs and springs onions. Divide between 4 bowls, enjoy!
SPAM® Appreciation Week Giveaway Competition
For a chance to win a ‘SPAM® Sizzle Pack’ answer the question below by midnight 8th March 2020. The ‘Sizzle Pack’ includes: a sizzle plate, chopping board, spatula, apron, slicer, Piggy egg timer, worth more than £150.
I have been commissioned by SPAM® to create this recipe and share this blog post with you here on my website. All thoughts and opinions are my own and I only endorse products I genuinely would recommend to you.
The Spam museum is in Austin, Minnesota.
The SPAM Museum is in Austin , Minnesota
SPAM Museum is in Austin, Minnesota, America.
The world-famous SPAM® Museum is located in Austin,
101 3rd Avenue NE AUSTIN, MINNESOTA 55912 USA
The Museum is in Austin , Minnesota. US
It’s in Austin, minnesota. 👍🏻
Austin, Minnesota USA 🐷
101 3rd Avenue
Austin , Minnesota, USA
101 3rd Ave NE, Austin, Minnesota, USA
Spam museum is in Austin MInnesota USA .
Austin, Minnesota – USA
The SPAM museum is in Austin, Minnesota
The SPAM museum is in Austin, Minnesota, USA
The Spam museum is in Austin , Minnesota , USA
The SPAM museum is in Austin, Minnesota, USA.
101 3rd Ave NE, Austin, MN 55912, United States
It’s in Austin Minnesota
The world-famous SPAM® Museum is located in Austin Minnesota
The world-famous SPAM® Museum is located 101 3rd Avenue, NE Austin, Minnesota