Yields: 16 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 2 Hr Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 2 Hr 30 Mins
Decadent, delicious and delectable; bring back memories of childhood with this favourite. Sweet heaven in a square!
For the base
- For the topping
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas mark 5.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar and butter to form a dough. Press the dough into a 23cm square tin and bake for 20 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile make the topping, place the condensed milk, butter and sugar into a large pan and bring to the boil. Bring the pan to a gentle boil for 5 minutes stirring continuously so that the mixture dies not stick.
- Pour the topping over the shortbread and place in the fridge to set.
- When the topping is set prepare the chocolate. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and pour over the topping.
- Place in the fridge to set and cut into square, enjoy!