Chorizo and Prawns, are a match made in heaven – this is comfort food at its best! A different take on risotto that uses orzo in place of arborio rice to make this absolutely delicious Orzotto.
The prawns are absolutely amazing and were gifted to me by Bradley’s https://bradleysfish.com/ (they deliver throughout the UK) use the code Victoria-15 at check out for a 15% discount.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Place the cherry tomatoes on a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil, roast for 35 minutes or until their skin has started to split and blacken.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and add the onions, celery and red pepper. Cook on a low heat for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the chorizo and stir until you can really smell the smoky paprika of the meat and the oil has turned a rich burnt orange. Now add the chilli flakes and continue to stir and fry for 1 minute. Now stir through the orzo.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low and simmer, stirring regularly to make sure it does not stick to the base. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked to your preference. (If you want to cook the pasta further but the liquid is gone, just add a splash more stock).
- Pour in the saffron and its water and stir it in. When it’s all absorbed gently stir in the tomatoes, uncooked prawns and coriander and continue stirring until the prawns turn pink.
- Turn off the heat and grind over some black pepper, you can also mix in some butter at this point, cover and leave it to add more richness to the dish. Serve on warmed plates with a sprinkling of fresh coriander, enjoy!