Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr 10 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 25 Mins
This absolutely delicious tart can be served as a main or as a brilliant starter. This is perfect for entertaining and can be made in advance!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a large round, enough to line a 20cm round shallow tart tin, with removable base, leaving some excess pastry over hanging the rim.
- Line the pastry with baking paper and baking beans and blind bake for 15-20 minutes until the sides are set and lightly golden. Remove the paper and the beans, brush the pastry with 1 beaten egg yolk. Place in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, whilst warm, cut off the excess pastry to level the rim of the tin, allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, egg yolks and cream together.
- In a large frying pan heat the olive oil and gently fry the leeks and spring onions until softened. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, set aside to cool.
- Place the leek mix into the egg mix with the crab and cheese, mix well and pour into the cooled tart case. Place the tart onto a baking sheet and place into the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the filling is firm. Serve with salad, enjoy!
- Panzanella Salad goes perfectly with this tart.