Category: Meals in minutes, Mid Week Meals, Pasta Night
Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
A super easy pasta dish that can be made in less than 30 minutes. It tastes absolutely delicious with caramelised sausage, sun dried tomatoes, basil and rocket all smothered in a creamy sauce.
- Cook the rigatoni as per packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan, add the olive oil. Now add the sausage meat to the pan and really break it up. Fry for a few minutes until the meat starts to colour, crush until it resembles mince.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook on a medium heat until the meat is crisp, golden and slightly caramelised - remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Remove any excess oil, add the wine and deglaze the pan. Stir in the flour, mustard and lemon juice until fully combined and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the cream and sun dried tomatoes, gently simmer for a couple of minutes. Now return the sausage back to the pan to warm through.
- Now add the cooked pasta, basil and rocket - stir through until fully combined. Season to taste.
- Serve and top with a small handful of rocket and grated Parmesan cheese, enjoy!