Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr Total Time: 1 Hr 20 Mins
This tart explodes with flavours from the sweetness of the goat’s cheese to the earthy taste of thyme… what a wonderful combination. Serve warm or cold with a crisp green salad.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas mark 5.
- Roll out the pastry to fit a 20cm deep loose tart tin then line with the pastry. Line the pastry with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans or rice and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes until golden and set aside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan and add the potatoes and onions and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes until tender and golden. Season and add the garlic and thyme and cook for another 3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place the onion & potato mixture into the pastry case with the goats cheese and cover evenly.
- Whisk the eggs with the crème fraiche and pour into the pastry case, bake for 30-35 minutes until set and golden. Serve warm or cold with green salad leaves. Enjoy!