This is such a tasty version of macaroni cheese. For this recipe I partnered with Albert Bartlett and used their Butter Gold potatoes to give the cheese sauce a velvety and deliciously buttery texture – comfort food at its best! You will definitely want seconds!
Butter Gold potatoes have a smooth oval shape, creamy skin and bright yellow flesh – and that golden character is reflected in the smooth, sweet taste that works so well in a range of recipes. They’re ideal for boiling, make great-tasting jacket potatoes, and the soft, velvety texture and buttery flavour makes them perfect for creamy mash.
They are available at Co-op, Wholefoods, Sainsburys, Lidl, Ocado, Amazon https://www.albertbartlett.co.uk/
- Place the potatoes in salted boiling water, cook for 20 minutes until soft, drain and then pass through a ricer or mash into a bowl.
- Add the butter, cheddar and Dijon and mix through.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C/Gas 6.
- Now gradually pour in the warmed milk and mix until you have a smooth sauce the consistency of a bechamel. Add a good splash of Worcestershire sauce and season to taste.
- Add the cooked macaroni and stir through, if the sauce is too thick add more warmed milk to loosen.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the red Leicester.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and the cheese sauce is bubbling. Enjoy!