Yields: 15 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
The perfect accompaniment for a coffee break! Absolutely deliciously moreish….!
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Fan 150°C/Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease your baking trays to make 15-20 biscuits.
- Sieve the flour, salt, caster sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the syrup and butter together in a pan on a very low heat until all the butter has melted. Set aside until it cools slightly.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients, add the egg and orange rind and mix thoroughly. Using your hand mould the dough into 15-20 even sized balls.
- Place on the baking trays well apart from each other then flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!