Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 2 Hr Total Time: 2 Hr 15 Mins
A simple but classic pasta dish! Rich tomato sauce with smoky pancetta and hot, hot, hot!!
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy based pan or wok and fry the pancetta on a high heat for 4-5 minutes or until crisp. Add the onions and gently fry for about 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli, garlic and rosemary and stir for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the wine and turn up the heat so that the alcohol evaporates. Then add the chopped tomatoes. Reduce the heat to low and gently simmer uncovered for about 1 hour stirring occasionally until the sauce has reduced to a very thick consistency.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta as to packet instructions in salted water until al dente.
- Stir in 2 handfuls of Parmesan into the sauce and cook for a further minute and season to taste. Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce. Serve on warm plates and scatter with Parmesan. Enjoy!
- Instead of rosemary you can use basil or oregano to change the taste.