Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 50 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr
This chorizo quiche is so easy to make and always goes down well, delicious served hot or cold. If blue cheese doesn’t take your fancy then you can use cheddar or any other hard cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and line a deep flan dish, press the dough into the sides and remove any excess pastry. Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, for the filling, heat a large frying pan and dry fry the chorizo for 3-4 minutes. Add the onion and fry for a further 3-4 minutes, allow to cool. Now, spread over the pastry case and top with the roasted red peppers.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, double cream, milk and pepper, and pour into the pastry case and top with the crumbled cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve while still hot or cold.