Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
These corned beef hash cakes make a delicious brunch and are very easy to make, and you can save time by using leftover mashed potato instead of boiling them from scratch.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the oil, gently fry the onions until softened.
- In a large bowl add the onions, corned beef and mashed potato and mix through thoroughly. Now add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard, combine and season to taste.
- Divide the mixture into four and shape into cakes then toss in seasoned flour. In a large frying pan heat 1cm of oil and fry the cakes for 3 minutes on each side. Remove and drain on kitchen paper and set aside in a warm oven.
- To poach the eggs bring two litres of water to the boil with the vinegar. Lower the heat so the water is not bubbling. Break the eggs into separate ramekins or cups. Slide the eggs into the water and leave to poach 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, place a hash cake on a plate and top a poached egg. Enjoy!
- To save time make the hash cakes the night before and store in the fridge for a quick and hassle-free breakfast in the morning.