Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
Take your taste buds to the Middle East with these lamb koftas that are packed full of flavour. They have the perfect combination of spices, herbs, nuts and with the richness of lamb.
- Place the walnuts, almonds and pine nuts in a food processor, blitz until finely chopped. Transfer the nuts to a small dry frying pan and toast over a medium heat until the nuts are lightly browned. Add the nuts into mixing large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the onion, garlic, pepper,chilli and coriander into the food processor and blitz until the vegetables are finely chopped. Squeeze out any liquid and place in the bowl with the nuts.
- Add the lamb, cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Using your hands, blend the mixture together until evenly combined.
- Form the mixture into golf ball and flatten, they will puff up on the grill to look like meatballs. Place on a lined baking sheet and cover with cling film, then refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and oil the grill. Place the koftas on the grill and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve with tzatziki, hummus, salad and pitta - enjoy!
- Tzatziki recipe https://bestrecipesuk.com/recipes/tzatziki/
- Hummus recipe https://bestrecipesuk.com/recipes/hummus/