Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
This soup is really hearty and filling – perfect for a chilly day!
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook gently for about five minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the garlic and the rest of the vegetables to the pan along with the spices. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another five minutes.
- Rinse the red lentils and add to the pan along with the coconut milk and stock.
- Bring up to the boil then turn down to a simmer and leave to cook, stirring every now and again, for 20-30 minutes until all of the vegetables and the lentils are soft.
- Remove from the heat. Strip the leaves from the thyme and roughly chop the coriander, add to the pan and season to taste.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup until it is completely smooth then serve with your favourite bread, enjoy!