This stuffing is definitely one of my favourites – it is a must for Christmas. It is a rich and fruity stuffing with tangy cranberries, zesty orange, apple and nutty-tasting roasted chestnuts all wrapped in bacon. Delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas mark 5.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the onion and apple until softened. Add the dried sage and gently fry for a further minute. Set aside to cool
- In a large bowl add the sausagemeat, cranberries, chestnuts, orange zest and onion mixture. Season to taste. Mix through with your hands until fully combined and shape into a rectangle shape.
- Wrap the sausagemeat with the bacon rashers, four around the centre and four around the ends to secure. Turn over and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.