Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 1 Hr 30 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 40 Mins
Indulge in a jacket potato with a bubbling, golden-brown, cheesy Welsh rarebit topping – comfort food at it’s best!
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/ Gas mark 5. Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Rub with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make the Welsh rarebit, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir through the flour, cook for 1 minute. Set aside to allow to cool.
- Now over a low heat add the cheese and stout, as the cheese melts add the spring onions, mustard and egg yolk. When all the cheese is melted and it starts to thicken stir through the Worcestershire sauce and allow to cool.
- Preheat the grill, cut open the cooked jacket potatoes and divide the rarebit between the 4 potatoes. Place under the grill for 5 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Serve with a sprinkling of spring onions and chives - enjoy!