Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 35 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
This chorizo hash is a great weekend brunch – it makes ideal comfort food and it’s so easy to make too! A wonderful recipe for a last-minute brunch or lunch.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large frying pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and gently fry the onion, pepper and garlic until softened. Push to the side of the pan and add the chorizo, gently fry until the oils are released and it starts to go golden. Add the paprika and gently mix through until fully combined. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and the potatoes and fry for about 10 - 15 minutes until the potatoes are golden and are starting to crisp. Now add the chorizo mixture and the parsley, season to taste and toss together.
- Make four holes in the chorizo and potato mixture and break an egg into each one. Cover the pan and fry for 2–3 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolks remain runny.
- Serve on warmed plates, topped with the fried eggs and a good dollop of ketchup, chilli sauce or just by itself - enjoy!