Category: Breakfast, Comfort Food
Cooking Method: Fried
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
This full English hash is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even supper; it is packed with bacon, sausage,tomatoes, crispy potatoes and baked eggs. It’s a hearty, comforting and an absolutely delicious way to start the day. Definitely a must try!
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large frying pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and gently fry the onion until softened. Push to the side of the pan and add the bacon lardons and sausage, gently fry until they start to go golden. Add the chilli flakes and gently mix through until fully combined. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and the potatoes and fry for about 10 - 15 minutes until the potatoes are golden and are starting to crisp. Now add the sausage mixture and tomatoes to heat through and to cook the tomatoes to your liken. Add the parsley, season to taste and toss together.
- Make four holes in the sausage and potato mixture and break an egg into each one. Cover the pan and fry for 2–3 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolks remain runny.
- Serve on warmed plates, topped with the fried eggs and a good dollop of ketchup, chilli sauce or just by itself - enjoy!