Category: Fish Night, Mid Week Meals
Cooking Method: Fried
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
Take your fish cakes to a new level with this recipe! Rich chorizo and flaky cod is a classic pairing combined with sun dried tomatoes and spring onions it makes these fish cakes taste so good.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas mark 6.
- In a large pan of boiling water add the diced potatoes and cook for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the cod on a roasting tray, drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 12-15 minutes until cooked through and flaking. Once cool, remove skin and flake the whole fish.
- Drain the diced potatoes and return to the pan allowing to fully cool down. When cool mash the potatoes and set aside.
- Heat a oil in a frying pan and gently cook the fishcakes over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper. Serve with seasonal vegetables, enjoy!